The Toronto Blue Jays (23-18) continue their homestand Thursday with the finale of a three-game series against the AL East rival Boston Red Sox (26-18). First pitch at Toronto’s temporary home of TD Ballpark in Dunedin, Fla., will be at 7:37 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook‘s lines around the Red Sox vs. Blue Jays odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Red Sox RHP Nick Pivetta (5-0, 3.16 ERA) will make his ninth start of the season. The fifth-year vet is enjoying a career season, his second with the Red Sox. He has an 8.9 K/9 but a high 4.6 BB/9.
- Just 3 HR allowed through 42 2/3 IP despite a 28.0% fly-ball rate and 40.2% hard-hit rate
- Completed at least 5 innings in all but 1 outings this season; pitched 6 innings of 2-run ball with no walks and 7 K against the Los Angeles Angels Friday
Blue Jays LHP Steven Matz (5-2, 4.29 ERA) enters his ninth start of the season with a 1.29 WHIP, 9.9 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9. A strong start to the season was followed by 3 shaky outings before tossing 5 scoreless innings against the Philadelphia Phillies Friday.
- Season-high 106 pitches last time out with 65 strikes and 9 K against 3 BB
- 1-1 with a 4.30 ERA through 3 starts at TD Ballpark
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you’ll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Red Sox at Blue Jays odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Red Sox +110 (bet $100 to win $110) | Blue Jays -135 (bet $135 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Red Sox +1.5 (-165) | Blue Jays -1.5 (+135)
- Over/Under: 10 (O: -105 | U: -115)
Red Sox 6, Blue Jays 5
Money line (ML)
The RED SOX (+110) offense bounced back Wednesday and has another favorable matchup against Matz, despite his strong performance last time out. Boston is sixth in MLB with a .772 team OPS against left-handed pitching and the injury-ravaged Jays bullpen was forced to go 5 1/3 innings Wednesday.
Take the BoSox as short underdogs coming off a win.
PASS on the expensive -165 number for a single run of insurance for the Red Sox.
There were 18 runs scored in the first two games of this series and both teams are averaging over 5 runs per game with 4 or more runs allowed.
Bet the OVER 10 (-105).
The Blue Jays are hitting .306/.366/.495 as a team over their last eight games and the Red Sox are hitting .293/.329/.553 over their last six.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.